One of the objectives of the Zoological Society of Montreal has always been to provide financial support towards worthy conservation projects at local, national and international levels.
Some of the special events we have organized have included:
- Guest lectures with notable speakers such as Gerald Durrell, Farley Mowat, Robert Bateman, and Cleveland Amory.
- Fund Raising Dinners
- Fashion Shows
- Classical Music Concert entitled "Animals in Music".
- "Wildlife In Art" Art Contest.
Some of the projects benefitted through our efforts have included:
- Rainforest protection in South America
- Jaguar protection in Central America
(George Midgley Photo)
- Whale conservation in Canada's Arctic
- Beluga whale conservation in Quebec.
- Blue Whale conservation world's oceans.
- Endangered species protection in Canada
- Conservation of the St. Lawrence Valley ecosystem.
- Bird Rehabilitation raptors and songbirds in Quebec.
- Habitat protection various regions.
- Protection of wolves and bears in Canada's western provinces.
(Gary Jones Photo)
- Support for protection of fur bearing animals in Canada.
- Support for rehabilitation and release of urban wildlife.
- Donations food and shelter for stray and injured domestic animals.
Some of the organizations benefitted have included:
- WWF World Wildlife Fund
- CNF Canadian Nature Federation
- Sierra Legal Defence Fund
- Fur Bearer Association
- Trans Canada Trail Foundation
- Nature Conservancy
- Le Nichoir Bird Rehab Center
- CRIB Care & Rehabilitation of Injured Birds of Monteregie
- St. Lawrence Valley Ecomuseum
- CSPCA Cdn. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- St. Lawrence Institute of Ecotoxicology
- MICS Mingan Island Cetacean Study
Back to the Zoological Society Home Page
This page last modified on: Wednesday, October 22, 2003
The site was created by Ventures East.